Jewish calendar: 8 Sivan (3/8 or 9/8)
(Gregorian 9/8 is Queen Elizabeth’s death date)
Kyiv Day (Wikipedia)
the last Sunday of May. The coat of arms of Kyiv features the Archangel Michael officially named as “Saint Michael the Archistrategos.”
• The Eclipse of Thales which interrupted the Battle of Halys/ Battle of the Eclipse leading to a truce.
Thanks to the eclipse the exact date of the battle is known. It is one of the cardinal dates from which other dates can be calculated.
Date: 28 May 585 BC (Julian)* = 22 May 584 BC (proleptic Gregorian) = 28 Iyar** 3276, 2607 years ago
“This celestial event, which came to be known as the Eclipse of Thales, marked an important time when the sun and moon were instrumental in ending a war.”
*A year zero (Wikipedia) does not exist in the Anno Domini (AD) calendar year system commonly used to number years in the Gregorian calendar (nor in its predecessor, the Julian calendar); in this system, the year 1 BC is followed directly by year AD 1.
** accidentally :), 28 Iyar became Jerusalem Day, Yom Yerushaláyim. After the Six-Day War in 1967
• Palestine Liberation organization (Wikipedia), a Palestinian nationalist political and militant organization with the initial purpose of establishing Arab unity and statehood over the territory of former Mandatory Palestine, in opposition to the State of Israel.
Founded: 28 May 1964, 59 years ago
-> category Founding: The Palestinian National Council convened in Jerusalem on 28 May 1964. After concluding the meeting, the PLO was founded on 2 June 1964
• Israel Defense Forces (jewishvirtuallibrary org) “the Provisional Government of the State of Israel issued Defence Army of Israel Ordinance No. 4. This ordinance, signed by Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, established the Israel Defense Forces,..”
Date: 28 May 1948 (according to Wikipedia: 26 May), 75 years ago
Jewish calendar: 8 Sivan (begins 5/27 after sunset)
• Emperor of the French (Wikipedia)
Formation: 18 May 1804 (when Napoleon Bonaparte was proclaimed Emperor) = 8 Sivan, the 219th Jewish anniversary
• John Fitzgerald Kennedy, often referred to by his initials JFK, served as the 35th president of the US.
Born: 29 May 1917 = 8 Sivan, the 106th Jewish anniversary of his birth
• Berel Lazar, is an Orthodox, Chabad-Lubavitch Hasidic rabbi. Known for his friendship with Vladimir Putin (sometimes called “Putin’s rabbi”), since 2000, he has been a Chief Rabbi of Russia (one of two claimants to the title).
Born: 19 May 1964 = 8 Sivan, his 59th Jewish birthday
• Viktor Mihály Orbán, Prime Minister of Hungary
Born: 31 May 1963 = 8 Sivan, his 60th Jewish birthday
• John Timothy Dunlap, the Prince and Grand Master and head of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
Born 16 April 1957, 66 years 6 weeks old
• Pope Francis became only the third pontiff in history to pay a visit to the White House.
Papal Visits to the White House.
Date: 23 September 2015, 400 weeks 4 days ago
• The ‘Great’ Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn – NASA
Date: 21 December 2020, 888 days ago
Bonus: Who is this character Elon on this day?
Elon Musk, a business magnate and investor. Born: 28 June 1971, 623 months old (exactly)
Strong’s Greek 623. Apolluón: “a destroyer,” Apollyon, the angel of the abyss
Usage: Apollyon, The Destroying One, a Greek translation of the Hebrew: Abaddon.
…i.e. Satan (used only in Rev 9:11).
Strong’s Hebrew 623. Asaph: “gatherer,”
And btw his Jewish birthday falls on 5 Tamuz = Ezekiel’s Vision of the “Chariot” (429 BCE) (chabad org)
What do you think about his role? …
• Star Wars (film) (retroactively titled Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope)
Release date: 25 May 1977 = 8 Sivan, 46 years ago
• Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper is put back on display.
Conservation-restoration of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper (Wikipedia)
Date: 28 May 1999, 24 years ago
• 2023 Turkish presidential election (Wikipedia)
“Since Erdoğan’s vote share was 0.5% short of winning outright, he and Kılıçdaroğlu will contest a run-off vote on 28 May.
Recently I connected Matthias the Apostle and the Turkish election. So I find it interesting that the election falls on the 36th anniversary of ->
Mathias Rust, evades Soviet Union air defences and lands a private plane in Red Square in Moscow, Russia.
Date: 28 May 1987
Ambarvalia (Wikipedia) was a Roman agricultural fertility rite held on 29 May in honor of Ceres and Dea Dia (She was sometimes identified with Ceres, and sometimes with her Greek equivalent Demeter).
Memorial of Mary, Mother of the Church
“Pope Francis inserts the Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church, into the Roman Calendar on the Monday following Pentecost Sunday.”
• Doctor Mellifluus (Wikipedia) is an encyclical of Pope Pius XII on the Doctor of the Church Bernard of Clairvaux (Wikipedia) (co-founder of the Knights Templar, and a major leader in the reformation of the Benedictine Order through the nascent Cistercian Order), given at Rome, St. Peter’s, on the feast of Pentecost, 24 May 1953 = 10 Sivan, about 70 years ago
in connection with that I recommend to read about Saint Malachy (Wikipedia) an Irish saint who was Archbishop of Armagh, to whom were attributed several miracles and an alleged vision of 112 popes.
I am going to send more…
9 Sivan is the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy
on the Jewish calendar.
5/29 is also Memorial Day
5/29 (Monday) is the 149th day (35th prime); 216 (6x6x6) days remain until the end of the year.
5/29 is reverse symmetrical to 8/4 (Obama’s birthday)
Jewish calendar: 9 Sivan (3/9 or 9/9)
International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
(Wikipedia) -> category Creation “It was so designated by United Nations General Assembly Resolution 57/129(*) ….after an official request of the Ukrainian Peacekeepers Association and the Government of Ukraine to the UN General Assembly.
The date, May 29, marks the anniversary of the creation of the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO) in 1948 to monitor the ceasefire after the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, which was the first ever UN peacekeeping mission.
UN peacekeepers (often referred to as Blue Berets or Blue Helmets)
Memorial Day (originally known as Decoration Day) is a federal holiday in the US for honoring and mourning the U.S. military personnel who have died while serving in the United States armed forces.
2023 date: May 29
• the US President Ronald Reagan begins his first visit to the Soviet Union when he arrives in Moscow for superpower summit with the Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
Moscow Summit (1988) (Wikipedia)
Date: May 29 – June 3, 1988, the 35th anniversary.
• The Fall of Constantinople (Wikipedia), also known as the conquest of Constantinople, was the capture of the capital of the Byzantine Empire by the Ottoman Empire.
Date: May 29, 1453, 570 years ago
Viktor Mihály Orbán, Prime minister of Hungary
Assumed office: 29 May 2010, (the 557th anniversary of the Fall of Constantinople)
-> Orban (Wikipedia), also known as Urban (Hungarian: Orbán; died 1453), was an iron founder and engineer from Brassó, Transylvania, in the Kingdom of Hungary (today Brașov, Romania), who cast large-calibre artillery for the Ottoman siege of Constantinople in 1453.
Why King Charles will find true peace alone in Transylvania (
• John Fitzgerald Kennedy, often referred to by his initials JFK, served as the 35th president of the US from 20 January 1961.
Born: 29 May 1917, the 106th anniversary of his birth
• Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy (Wikipedia)
Robert F. Kennedy was shot by Sirhan Sirhan (a Palestinian Jordanian man, born to an Arab Christian family in Jerusalem) at the Ambassador Hotel, and he was pronounced dead the following day.
Date: 5 June 1968, 12:15 a.m. (UTC−7) = 9 Sivan, 55 Jewish years ago
12:15 a.m. = 00:15 (5+5+5 minutes), EDT 3:15 (the Ides of March)
RFK was pronounced dead at 1:44 a.m. (PDT) on 6 June
Robert F. Kennedy
Born: 20 November 1925
Joe Biden, the 46th and current president of the United States.
Born: 20 November 1942, 966 months 9 da
• Flag Acts (Wikipedia) -> the Flag Act of 1777 was passed by the Second Continental Congress on June 14, 1777, in response to a petition made by a Native American nation on June 3 for “an American Flag.” As a result, June 14 is now celebrated as Flag Day* in the United States.
Date: 14 June 1777 = 9 Sivan, 246 Jewish years ago
Strong’s Hebrew 246. azeq: a manacle
Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance
I care about the flag for two reasons:
- Flag Day is Donald Trump’s birthday
- I, Pet Goat II (at 1:49)