Jewish calendar: 2 Iyar (2/2 or 8/2)
Islamic calendar: Shawwal 3 (10/3)
Chinese calendar: 3rd Month 4
Daniel 10:4-5 (NLT)
On April 23, as I was standing on the bank of the great Tigris River.
I looked up and saw a man dressed in linen clothing, with a belt of pure gold around his waist.
Lyrid meteor shower 2023
Conjunction of the Moon and Venus
SUN, 23 APR 2023 AT 13:03 UTC
23: the first of two wine festivals (Vinalia), the Vinalia Priora for the previous year’s wine, held originally for Jupiter and later Venus
• Saint George’s Day [the Dragon slayer] is celebrated on 23 April, the traditionally accepted date of the saint’s death in the Diocletianic Persecution.
Born: 275 AD, Cappadocia, Türkiye
Died: April 23, 303 AD, Lod, Israel, 1720 years ago
-> Judgement (tarot card) (Wikipedia)
“An angel, possibly Metatron, probably Israfil, is depicted blowing a great trumpet, from which hangs the flag of St. George.”
-> George (magazine) was a glossy monthly magazine centered on the theme of politics-as-lifestyle founded by John F. Kennedy Jr.
• China – Navy Day
The People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), also known as the People’s Navy, Chinese Navy, or PLA Navy, is the maritime service branch of the People’s Liberation Army, and the largest naval power in the world.
Founded: 23 April 1949, 74 years ago = 888 months
• Korean War (Wikipedia) was fought between North Korea and South Korea. The war began when North Korea invaded South Korea following clashes along the border and rebellions in South Korea. North Korea was supported by China and the Soviet Union while South Korea was supported by the United States and allied countries. The fighting ended with an armistice on 27 July 1953.
Start date: 25 June 1950, 3800 weeks ago or 26600 days
Strong’s Greek 266. hamartia: a sin, failure And Hamartia (Wikipedia) “to miss the mark” or “to err”. It is most often associated with Greek tragedy.
Pope Francis is the 266th Pope of the Roman Catholic Church
• Michael Richard Pence served as the 48th Vice President of the United States
Born: June 7, 1959 3333 weeks old
• American Civil War (Wikipedia) a civil war in the United States. It was fought between the Union (“the North”) and the Confederacy (“the South”), the latter formed by states that had seceded…
Start date: April 12, 1861 = 2 Iyar (Confederate forces opened fire on the Union-held Fort Sumter).
I mentioned these two points earlier…
First Inauguration of Vladimir Putin (Wikipedia) as the President of Russia. The ceremony was held for the first time in the Grand Kremlin Palace and lasted exactly one hour.
Date: May 7, 2000 = 2 Iyar 5760, 23 Jewish years ago
• National Sovereignty and Children’s Day (Wikipedia), commemorating the foundation of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, on 23 April 1920. It is also observed by Northern Cyprus.